Feb 20, 2006

D for Depression

"but my dreams....they aren't as empty
as my conscience seems to be
I have hours, but only lonely
My love is vengeance
...that's never free"

What makes 70% songwriters write about depression??....notice some time....3 out of 5 songs will be negative .
masterpieces are said to be a creation out of utter sadness.....many artists have agreed with it..the darker side gives birth to works that one wouldn't concieve in a usual frame of mind...
Is sadness so powerful? does it drive us to boundaries of desparation?? I know the simplest answer to this could be art as a vent to frustration, but why is it easier to absorb melancholy than to reflect happiness?
I wonder just sitting and thinking on the couch, bed or even now staring at my monitor, what does it achieve....half of the times, when I start thinkin I end up on something totally irrelevant, absolutely not related to what I wanted to conclude....

the stuff above was written later on thats why there you may experience no link between the 2 paras

this is what i ACTUALLY intended to write when I started the post..

The song has been STUCK in my head from morning....a track my Limp Bizkit....there are loads of songs which define sadness, depression, and there are tracks which just push you into that amazingly temporarily non recoverable state of mind.........I remember once I was a lil' sad about something and I switched on my player, Nirvana was playing "dumb"
the lyrics are something like this:
"I am not like them
but I can pretend
the sun is gone
but I have a llight
the day is done
but i m having fun

I think I m dumb...I think I m dumb.........................I think I m dumb I think I m dumb"

well a word of advice ..never NEVER listen to Nirvana when you are even close to depression....
and the following one:

"Things have never been so swell

I have never failed to feel

Paiiiiiiiiiiiin...Paaaaiiiinnnnnnn..Paaaaiiin..Paaaaiiiinnnnn

You know you are right"

this is just a part of the verse....listen to the whole thing and you will end up feelin depressed....

3 comments:

Anorion said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anorion said...

Cobain was one hell of a fucked up dude. Listening to Nirvana and not expecting to get depressed is like going to America and expecting to come back virgin.

ruhey said...

yea man Cobain was crazy
esp after readin his diaries....yea yea!!
I aint denyin the fact tht one wont get depressed....in fact i m sayin don lissen to it if u wanna avoid depression...or further depression