Feb 11, 2006

A great evening

on the 9th of february myself and a few school pals headed for a gig at St. Francis Insitute,borivilli
the line up was cool..there was xenon(which we missed cuz we arrived late, infact every1 did), then there was PDV-Pin drop violence, who came on stage...screamed their lungs out...head banged and left, i did not understand a single word they played....i know i aint into death metal, but they were total nonsense, i have heard better death metal bands perform.
Then came Vayu, now Ravi Iyer the lead vocalist, is good at what he does,but ends up cracking really really sad jokes on the stage, sans the jokes, he'll do a better job.Vayu was good, played some acoustic in the beginging, then went on to play Pink Floyd, yes the hit was played--BRICK IN THE WALL, and all dopers fav COMFORTABLY NUMB, they played it extremely well, the guitarist was close to perfection, and so was the remaining band....then they also played PEARL JAM-ALIVE,i love that track and thoroughly enjoyed listening to it.
and finally came the band i always wait for---ZERO, i have a soft corner for the lead vocalist---RAJEEV, man he is so cute...how muchever he tries to look like a rockstar, with the rough and tough look, he just cannot, cuz he ends up lookin cuter...hehe
they played well...infact they were awesome, ROXANNE -a POLICE track originally was covered by them, and boy o boy they played it well, then they played a maroon 5 track0 harder to breathe n their famous PSP...and Finally -BANANA BOAT....!!!yay the HARRY BELAFONTE track....man it was soooo cool..but the only prob was we left before psp started...we saw it from the wall...made we wonder why we paid for the ticktes, cud have watched the entire show frm there...!
but all in all, the show was cool, and plus i was i good company, school pals -and a Jnr Collge friend...
ZERO was great...they r my fav Indian Band...

6 comments:

chyrag said...

Ravi iyer is the guitarist not the vocalist for vayu... 2blue does the singing and both of them crack pretty sad jokes.

ruhey said...

oh thanx for the correction...
mishtake...
yea..man extremely sad jokes....
plz do convey this suggestion of mine to em...

filterkaapi said...

hey, ST Francis is my alma mater!

Anorion said...

2blue is the lead singer, show-off and whiner of the band. He also apologised to me once for stepping on my shoes, and I was wondering what was happening - I guess so was he.

PerfumesReviewer said...

i just like U2 and Linkin park like everyone else.... who r these people anywayz?

Anonymous said...

Hi dear readers its me 2blue from rock band VAYU, again a true story for u. let me tell u I bet all my stories writing here to u are true.dont worry ladies I will never expose u in public.
I love going out alone some time and the day was a boring day I was getteing bore at my office in a long tiring summer noon was about to start I took the keys of my car and drove towords islamabad it was too hot outside the car and I was feeling repent why did I do so I went to jinaah super market and no body was there all the shops were like dead and the silence was like a bronix city destroyed by